This patch was released on May 20, 2014 and is only available for Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion.
"Ironclad Games and Stardock Entertainment are pleased to announce the final release of Sins of a Solar Empire: Rebellion v1.82 today. This latest version addresses balance issues in the Stellar Phenomena DLC."
Stellar Phenomena DLCEdit
- Halved asteroidCounts on Graveyard and DenseDebris templates in AsteroidDef to improve performance.
- Updated GalaxyScenarioDef uncolonizable gravity wells w/resources to be guarded by Pirates, not neutral factions.
- Removed defenders from Antimatter Fountain.
- Changed ShatteredMoon defender template from LocalMilitiaWeak to LocalMilitiaWeakUncolonizable.
- Updated Allegiance progression in Gameplay.Constants on the later stages to drop by .05 on levels 7-8. This should help prevent very distant planets from instantly going neutral from Open Rebellion.
- Added potential for 0-2 (from 0) neutral crystal extractors at Comets.
- Increased minimum neutral crystal extractor count to 2 (from 1) at Ice Fields.
- Increased minimum neutral metal/crystal extractor count to 1 (from 0) at Radiation Storms.
- Increased minimum neutral metal extractor count to 1 (from 0) at Shattered Moon.
- Increased random event allegiance check from 240 to 600 seconds. This should help prevent distant colonies from succumbing to Open Rebellion before the player can do anything about it.
- Reduced minimum allegiance threshold for random events from 30% to 15%.
- Increased max respawn count on Magnetic Storm from 4 to 9.
- Increased max respawn count on Plasma Storm from 4 to 9.
- Reduced trigger weight on Partisans event from 25% to 10%.
- Reduced trigger weight on Open Rebellion event from 10% to 5%.
- Reduced fleet point range on Open Rebellion event from 150/350 to 100/250.
- Increased volume on random event warning sound by 3db.
- Dramatically shortened Pulsar particle so that it doesn't touch other gravity wells and made the tails less sharp.
- Removed Fighters from target list on Gas Giant's pre-explode buff since they can never lose it; will still take damage from nearby explosions.
- Added new Commodity Boom random event: one random planet (including neutrals) may now undergo a resource boom where extractor and refinery rates are increased by 30% for 5 minutes. Should never appear on: Dead Asteroids, Pirate Bases, Antimatter Fountains, Magnetic Clouds or Wormholes. (Thanks to Goafan for the suggestion!)
Forbidden Worlds DLCEdit
- Removed 'Ferrus' from PlanetRandomUncolonizable in GalaxyScenarioDefs.
- Removed 'FerrusFair' from PlanetRandomUncolonizableFair in GalaxyScenarioDefs.
- Added new planet bonuses to GalaxyScenarioDefs (thanks Goafan!).
- Changed Rusted Core planet bonus to no longer require points in exploration.
- Revised AI bonus income rates to try and scale less drastically past Normal.
- Updated SDActivate.exe so folks shouldn't need to open up IE if it fails on new installs.