Defensive Support Cruisers have abilities that vary greatly among the three factions but generally augment the defensive capabilities of a fleet.
- Armor: Heavy (25% damage from Anti-Strike Craft Frigates, Fighters, Colonization Frigates, and Scout Frigates; 75% damage from Long Range Frigates; 125% damage from Light Frigates, Support Cruisers, and Siege Vessels; 50% damage from Bombers; 125% damage from Heavy Combat Cruisers; and full damage from capital ships)
- Damage: Anti-Heavy (75% damage to Siege Frigates, Long Range Frigates, Colonization Frigates, and Construction Frigates; 125% damage against Support Cruisers, Light Carriers, and Anti-Strike Craft Frigates; and full damage to everything else)
- Main article: Hoshiko Robotics Cruiser
- Main article: Iconus Guardian
- Main article: Serevun Overseer