Official Description: The Iconus Guardian is a relatively recent addition to the Advent fleet and reflects the new focus on ship shield technology. The hull of the ship is weak, but the Guardian has an extremely powerful shield generator, which can be projected outwards to protect nearby vessels. The shields do not completely prevent the target from being damaged, but they can help nearby ships to survive battles which would have otherwise have destroyed them. Iconus Guardians make excellent supporting ships and combined with offensively oriented ships, like the Destra, can be part of a devastating force.
Shield Projection Edit
Official Description: Extends its own shield to nearby friendly targets, absorbing some of the damage that they would have received.
Official Description: A powerful telekinetic field is projected from this ship, pushing away and slowing the movement of all hostile ships within range. Maintaining the field drains antimatter over time.
- Tactics: It is very useful for most Advent fleets to have a few Guardians for the sake of this ability, which can keep many ships (especially capital ships) alive significantly longer. The Guardian should move into the center of the fleet and then activate this ability absorbing as much damage as possible.
- If three or more Iconus Guardians are present in the fleet with Shield Projection active, it can go a long way to ensuring victory, as the projections absorb a third of the damage that would have been received by the other ships. In addition, if you are allied with someone, the Projection will also keep them safe from damage, as well. With a Progenitor Mothership's Shield Regeneration, you can also ensure that the Guardians are well within safe damage tolerances.
- Be careful, though, to spread out your Guardians. Shield Projection does not overlap with additional Guardians, so watch out, or de-activate the Auto-Cast.
- Tightly grouped Guardians, when placed in a fleet, will automatically cycle their Shield Projection activations to prevent two from being active at once in the same area.
- When you've got a large number of ships taking damage at once, though, this doesn't help much.
- Also, make sure to include Guardians in ANY defensive fleet, as they can buy you that critical time to get your main fleet(s) back to defend the gravity well. Even if you have decided to let said planet go, the amount of time your ships can survive with the Guardians will more than damage an enemy fleet.
- Repulsion is very useful for pushing away enemy short-ranged units, especially heavy cruisers, while you attack them with your strikecraft and Illuminators.
|Primary Role:||Support, Defensive|
|Shield Power:||Very High|
|Hull Points:||Very Low|
|Weapons:||Forward Heavy Pulse Laser|
| || || |
Patch 1.02 gave Shield Projection a considerable boost, increasing its effective range from 2500 to 5000. Later, in Patch 1.1, Repulsion was changed to a channeling ability (to keep in line with its description), and thus interruptable. Furthermore, it can't be toggled off, and its duration was increased from 0 to 30 seconds, and its cooldown was changed from 0 to 8 seconds. It also had its antimatter requirement increased from 0 to 20 antimatter.
|Corvettes:||Shriken Corvette (Loyalist) • Stilat Corvette (Rebel)|
|Frigates:||Arcova Scout Frigate • Cobalt Light Frigate • Javelis LRM Frigate • Krosov Siege Frigate • Garda Flak Frigate • Protev Colony Frigate|
|Cruisers:||Percheron Light Carrier • Hoshiko Robotics Cruiser • Cielo Command Cruiser • Kodiak Heavy Cruiser • Raloz Heavy Constructor • Ogrov Torpedo Cruiser • Neruda Envoy Cruiser|
|Capital Ships:||Kol Battleship • Sova Carrier • Akkan Battlecruiser • Dunov Battlecruiser • Marza Dreadnought • Corsev Battlecruiser|
|Titans:||Ankylon Titan (Loyalist) • Ragnarov Titan (Rebel)|
|Starbase:||Argonev Star Base|
|Corvettes:||Acolyte Corvette (Loyalist) • Vespa Corvette (Rebel)|
|Frigates:||Seeker Vessel • Disciple Vessel • Illuminator Vessel • Purge Vessel • Defense Vessel • Missionary Vessel|
|Cruisers:||Aeria Drone Host • Iconus Guardian • Domina Subjugator • Destra Crusader • Talion Savior • Solanus Adjudicator • Herald Envoy|
|Capital Ships:||Radiance Battleship • Revelation Battlecruiser • Progenitor Mothership • Halcyon Carrier • Rapture Battlecruiser • Discord Battleship|
|Titans:||Coronata Titan (Loyalist) • Eradica Titan (Rebel)|
|Starbase:||Transcencia Star Base|
|Corvettes:||Tosurak Corvette (Loyalist) • Sulsurak Corvette (Rebel)|
|Frigates:||Jikara Navigator • Ravastra Skirmisher • Kanrak Assailant • Karrastra Destructor • Junsurak Sentinel • Jarun Migrator|
|Cruisers:||Lasurak Transporter • Stilakus Subverter • Serevun Overseer • Skarovas Enforcer • Sivuskras Ruiner • Voruntak Envoy|
|Capital Ships:||Kortul Devastator • Skirantra Carrier • Jarrasul Evacuator • Antorak Marauder • Vulkoras Desolator • Rankulas Battleship|
|Titans:||Vorastra Titan (Loyalist) • Kultorask Titan (Rebel)|
|Starbase:||Orkulus Star Base|