The factions have split in two as rebellion has broke out from within. You also gain all the features from Trinity. Each subfaction is also granted different techs to encourage different play styles.
Play as one of three unique races - the TEC, the Advent or the Vasari
New Titan-class ships
Six massive titans enter the fray - give loyalist and rebel factions a late-game way to eliminate powerful foes or overpower an enemy fleet.
New Capital Ships
Three new capital ships bring immediate options to the table, offering even greater strategic depth while existing capital ships have been rebalanced for their roles.
New Corvette-class ships
New corvette class ships use their enhanced speed and maneuverability to weave through the battlefield, inflicting damage to enemy ships’ systems.
Each subfaction (Loyalist or Rebel) is given new technologies that are only accessible to them.
Additional Capital Ship Ability Levels
Additional capital ship ability levels, for greater strategic choice.
Play through 6 new Scenarios designed to give players of all ages a good time. These are located in the 'Victory Condition' menu when selecting a map.
Nine new maps 'out-of-the-box';
- Random - Huge Ring
- The Art of War
- The Void
- Triple Entente
- Tutorial - Diplomacy
- Tutorial - Resourcing
- Unstable Alliance
- The Art of War Competitive
- Battle Lines / Battle Lines Competitive
- Blitz / Blitz Competitive
- Close Encounters Competitive
- Crystal Storm / Crystal Storm Competitive
- Double Cross Competitive
- Empires at War
- Foreign Invasion Competitive
- Fractured Lands / Fractured Lands Competitive
- Gemini / Gemini Competitive
- Hostile Orbits / Hostile Orbits Competitive
- Kabel Competitive
- Maelstrom Competitive
- Melting Point Competitive
- New Dawn / New Dawn Competitive
- Pandemonium Competitive
- Quick Strike Competitive
- Random - Huge Multi-Star Competitive
- Random - Huge Ring Competitive
- Random - Huge Single-Star Competitive
- Random - Large Multi-Star Competitive
- Random - Large Single-Star Competitive
- Random - Medium Competitive
- Random - Mini / Random - Mini Competitive
- Random - Small Competitive
- Random - Vast / Random - Vast Competitive
- Razor's Edge Competitive
- Storm Front Competitive
- Tempest Competitive
- The Void
- Triple Entente Competitive
- Twin Empires Competitive
- Typhoon Competitive
- Unstable Alliance Competitive
- Whirlwind Competitive
AI enhancements make single-player games more fun and challenging than ever.
Updated graphics bring Sins of a Solar Empire to life as never before, with new particle effects, enhanced textures, and improved shading.
New victory conditions provide multiple paths towards becoming emperor of the galaxy.
Multiplayer optimizations for Ironclad Online make getting games set up simple.
Steam has now been integrated in Rebellion. You can now make friends in Steam, chat in Steam, and your Win/Lose scores on multiplayer are now tied to Steam. The game is also updated through Steam.
- Main article: System Requirements
|Operating system||Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP SP3*|
|CPU||2.2 GHz Intel Pentium 4 Processor or Equivalent||Intel Core i5/i7 Processor or Equivalent|
|Memory||1GB (All Operating Systems)||2 GB (Windows XP) 4 GB (Windows Vista/7)|
|Hard drive space||5 GB of free space|
|Graphics hardware||256 MB Video Card w/Pixel Shader 3.0 Support (Radeon X1650 / GeForce 6800* or Better)||1GB Video Card w/Pixel Shader 3.0 Support (Radeon X3000 Series / GeForce 8000* Series or Better)|
|Sound hardware||100% DirectX 9.0c compliant card|
|Network||Internet connection required for multiplayer|