Official Description: While other races rely on constructor ships or drones to deploy spatial charges, the Vasari have a dedicated vessel for this task in the Sivuskras Ruiner. The mobility of Ruiner allows the Vasari to deploy minefields on any world - which can be a nasty surprise for unaware enemies jumping into a gravity well.
The Sivuskras Ruiner is an odd ship - it doesn't directly attack, but instead acts as a minelayer for the Vasari. If upgraded, it can lay down Gravity Mines, which home in on their target - once they detonate, the enemy is unable to escape for a considerable period. The basic Explosive Mines, however, work much like the TEC's Proximity Mine Field or the Advent's Homing Mines, which deploy from Homing Mine Squadrons - once an enemy comes near, they blow up and deal damage.
- The Sivuskras Ruiner makes it so that the Vasari can place mines anywhere, even in enemy territory! It still costs money to deploy the mines, and there's a brief period in which they can be attacked.
- A vicious strategy is to combine the Sivuskras Ruiner with the Kostura Cannon or Stilakus Subverter. The Kostura or Subverter can stun enemy forces temporarily, preventing them from attacking. Use this to quickly lay mines around them. The enemy will be helpless to do anything and their entire fleet may be destroyed as a result.
- Fighters and bombers can destroy mines somewhat easily. You can use a Kortul Devastator with jam weapons to protect the mines while they arm, but you'll need to keep scouts away or they could be uncloaked again.
- If the enemy is lining up to jump and you have a minelayer nearby where they will arrive, you can leave a little present for them.
- Remember that mines do not affect friendly units. If you need to retreat injured units, run them into a friendly minefield.
- When attacking large groups of militia - such as the pirate base - they will often ignore minelayers to attack other units. You can create a minefield off in the corner of the gravity well, wait for the mines to arm, then lure the militia into range, destroying them easily.
| || || |
|Strike Craft:||TEC Fighter • TEC Bomber|
|Corvettes:||Shriken Corvette (Loyalist) • Stilat Corvette (Rebel)|
|Frigates:||Arcova Scout Frigate • Cobalt Light Frigate • Javelis LRM Frigate • Krosov Siege Frigate • Garda Flak Frigate • Protev Colony Frigate|
|Cruisers:||Percheron Light Carrier • Hoshiko Robotics Cruiser • Cielo Command Cruiser • Kodiak Heavy Cruiser • Raloz Heavy Constructor • Ogrov Torpedo Cruiser • Neruda Envoy Cruiser|
|Capital Ships:||Kol Battleship • Sova Carrier • Akkan Battlecruiser • Dunov Battlecruiser • Marza Dreadnought • Corsev Battlecruiser|
|Titans:||Ankylon Titan (Loyalist) • Ragnarov Titan (Rebel)|
|Starbase:||Argonev Star Base|
|Strike Craft:||Advent Fighter • Advent Bomber|
|Corvettes:||Acolyte Corvette (Loyalist) • Vespa Corvette (Rebel)|
|Frigates:||Seeker Vessel • Disciple Vessel • Illuminator Vessel • Purge Vessel • Defense Vessel • Missionary Vessel|
|Cruisers:||Aeria Drone Host • Iconus Guardian • Domina Subjugator • Destra Crusader • Talion Savior • Solanus Adjudicator • Herald Envoy|
|Capital Ships:||Radiance Battleship • Revelation Battlecruiser • Progenitor Mothership • Halcyon Carrier • Rapture Battlecruiser • Discord Battleship|
|Titans:||Coronata Titan (Loyalist) • Eradica Titan (Rebel)|
|Starbase:||Transcencia Star Base|
|Strike Craft:||Vasari Fighter • Vasari Bomber|
|Corvettes:||Tosurak Corvette (Loyalist) • Sulsurak Corvette (Rebel)|
|Frigates:||Jikara Navigator • Ravastra Skirmisher • Kanrak Assailant • Karrastra Destructor • Junsurak Sentinel • Jarun Migrator|
|Cruisers:||Lasurak Transporter • Stilakus Subverter • Serevun Overseer • Skarovas Enforcer • Sivuskras Ruiner • Voruntak Envoy|
|Capital Ships:||Kortul Devastator • Skirantra Carrier • Jarrasul Evacuator • Antorak Marauder • Vulkoras Desolator • Rankulas Battleship|
|Titans:||Vorastra Titan (Loyalist) • Kultorask Titan (Rebel)|
|Starbase:||Orkulus Star Base|